Someone told me to “have a great weekend” and I thought, “Wow! Already?!” These short weeks when the kids are on vacation the earlier part and go back to school for only two days really throw the week off, don’t they? Why bother, really? If you started the week being off for three days, what’s two more?
Anyways, because it’s already the weekend, I thought you might like that cake recipe I told you I baked for my Southern Man. Here it is:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). GREASE AND FLOUR one 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool.
So, give it a try and enjoy! Also, if you want a great source for recipes, one that I use when I’m looking for something different and where I found this recipe, check out AllRecipes.com.
Have a wonderful weekend! Wow! Already! 🙂